Generate G-code Using Snapmakerjs
1) Download Snapmakerjs at https://snapmaker.com/download
2) In the left column, click ( 3D Printing G-code Generator).
3) Click Upload file and select the model file (.stl or .obj file) you want to print.
4) Move/Scale/Rotate the model as you need.
5) Select the Material you are using, PLA, ABS or Custom Material.
PLA and ABS’s printing parameters are preset, and you do not need to configure extra parameters. If you select Custom Material, set the parameters according to the explanations in the software and requirements of your material. Explanation of the parameter will display when the mouse hovers over the blank.
6) Select the Adhesion type based on the model you are using.
Skirt: Prints a circle around the model but not connected to the model. It ensures that the filament comes out smoothly before the print starts.
Brim: Prints a single layer under the bottom of your model to make sure the tall model sticks to the heated bed.
Raft: Prints a thick grid with a roof under the bottom of your model to prevent warping and to make sure the model sticks to the heated bed.
None: Select this option when you are sure the print can stick to the heated bed.
7) Select the Support type based on the model you are using. Use this function when there are severe overhangs in your model.
Touching Building plate: Support structure will only be printed on the heated bed to support overhangs.
Everywhere: Support structure will be printed on the heated bed and the model to support all the overhangs.
None: Select this option when there is no overhang in your model.
8) Select a printing mode from Recommended (Fast Print, Normal Quality, High Quality) and Customize. Fast Print, Normal Quality, High Quality are preset printing modes and you do not need to configure extra parameters. If you select Customize, customize the parameters according to the explanations in the software. Usually, the better quality the print gets, the more time it takes.
9) Click Generate G-code. The size of the print, estimated length and weight of the Filament this print needs, and estimated printing time will be displayed in the bottom right corner of the software right after you click Generate G-code.
Tips: The slider on the right allows you to see how every layer goes while printing.
Click the under the slider allows you to see the different part of the printing results.
10) Choose a way to print.Option 1: Using the Computer (The computer must be connected to the machine throughout the process.):
A. Connect the machine to the computer using the provided USB cable.
B.In (Workspace) > Connection, click , select the Port connected to the machine and click Open.
Note: If you cannot find any port to connect to and your computer uses the latest Mac OS Sierra, please download and install the driver at snapmaker.com/download
C.When connected, click Load G-code to Workspace in ( 3D-Printing G-code Generator).
Option 2: Using the USB flash disk (No need to connect your computer to the machine.):
A. Click Export G-code to file to save the G-code file.
B. Copy the G-code to the provided USB disk.
C. Insert the USB disk into the Controller.
D. On the Touch Screen, go to Files, find and select the G-code file. Then tap Start to start printing.