Generate G-code Using Snapmaker3D
1) Download Snapmaker3D at https://snapmaker.com/download
2) In Snapmaker3D, click Open.
3) Select the 3D model file (.stl or .obj file) you want to print.
4) Move/Scale/Rotate the model as you need.
5) Select the Material you are using, PLA or ABS.
6) Select the Adhesion type based on the model you are using.
Skirt: Prints a circle around the model but not connected to the model. It ensures that the filament comes out smoothly before the print starts.
Brim: Prints a single layer under the bottom of your model to make sure the tall model sticks to the heated bed.
Raft: Prints a thick grid with a roof under the bottom of your model to prevent warping and to make sure the model sticks to the heated bed.
None: Select this option when you are sure the print can stick to the heated bed.
7) Select the Support type based on the model you are using. Use this function when there are severe overhangs in your model.
Touching Buildplate: Support structure will only be printed on the heated bed to support overhangs.
Everywhere: Support structure will be printed on the heated bed and the model to support all the overhangs.
None: Select this option when there is no overhang in your model.
8) Select a printing mode from Fast Print, Normal Quality, High Quality and Custom. Fast Print, Normal Quality, High Quality are preset printing modes and you do not need to configure extra parameters. If you select Custom, customize the parameters according to the explanations in the software. Usually, the better quality the print gets, the more time it takes.
9) Click Preview and the G-code is generated. The estimated length and weight of the Filament this print needs, estimated printing time and the size will be displayed in the bottom right corner of the software.
Tips: The slider on the right allows you to see how every layer goes while printing.
10) Choose a way to print.
Option 1: Using the Computer (The computer must be connected to the machine throughout the process.):
A. Connect the machine to the computer using the provided USB cable.
B. Click Connect in the top left corner. When connected, click Print.
Note: If you cannot find any port to connect to and your computer uses the latest Mac OS Sierra, please download and install the driver at snapmaker.com/download
Option 2: Using the USB flash disk (No need to connect your computer to the machine.):
A. Click Export to save the G-code file.
B. Copy the G-code to the provided USB disk.
C. Insert the USB disk into the Controller.
D. On the Touch Screen, go to Files, find and select the G-code file. Then tap Start to start printing.